At Sulzer, you are empowered to deliver superior results. As a pioneer in industry we have a proud heritage of innovation and continue to evolve for the future. Join our story and create your own impact by developing your expertise and building solutions that help make our lives safer, smarter and more sustainable.
Sulzer Tower Field Services (TFS, part of Sulzer’s Chemtech division) is a leading provider of specialized mechanical services to offshore platforms, natural gas plants, oil refineries and petrochemical plants. We have been providing mass transfer equipment services, welding services, plant maintenance and turnaround projects for our customers on a global basis since 1971. We now have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and motivated Project Manager Tower Field Services to support and help grow our activities in the Benelux territories. Based in our Breda Sulzer Chemtech office, but closely working with our UK team, we are looking for a Project Manager with experience ideally in refinery maintenance applications. Your responsibilities in this role will span execution of works from Sales handover to customer close out, related commercial and expectation management, and building customer relationships. If you are energetic, innovative, with excellent leadership and communication skills, you can develop your career with Sulzer, a globally respected engineering company.
In this role you will be accountable for:
- Act as a role model for Health, Safety & Environmental issues, leading team members to support safety culture and behaviors.
- All project related communications, both internally & externally.
- Managing requirements from supporting functions to meet project deliverables.
- Devising and executing project related documentation (e.g. project plans, method statements etc.).
- Leading customer interactions to include kick-off meetings, project reviews and close outs.
- Directing site works and performance to meet the requirements of the project.
- Commercial management and communication of all aspects of allocated projects ensuring works are on-schedule / on-budget.
To succeed in this role, you will need:
- A bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in mechanical engineering or with a similar scope.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in mechanical engineering or project management, preferably in O&G or Chemical segment with knowledge of industry practices & standards.
- Extensive experience in leading multinational teams in a service environment.
- Knowledge of SAP and MS Office is required.
- A high level of flexibility, excellent developed organizational, communication, and project management skills.
- The ability to work independent as well as in a team.
- Willingness to travel within allocated territory (Benelux) for about 40%.
- To be fluent in both English and Dutch.
- Preferably be familiar with ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO45001 and/ or VCA/SCC.
- Experience of contract negotiations in a commercial environment
Sulzer offers an excellent package of benefits (CAO Metalektro), including:
- A more than competitive salary,
- An attractive annual bonus scheme,
- Flexible working hours,
- A generous number of holidays (40),
- A solid pension scheme,
- Company car,
- Training and development opportunities.
We are based in Breda, which is a great place to live and work. Located in the central south of the Netherlands, the cozy city center of Breda is within an hour of travel from Rotterdam and Antwerp and therefore a practical place to work from. In this job you will be visiting clients, working with your colleagues in the Sulzer Chemtech Breda office and partly working from home as well.
Please send us your application including a complete resume and short motivation letter via the online tool.
Have a question about the role?
Reach out to Graham Glen, Head of Sulzer Tower Field Services ERA (email@example.com). We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated: We have already chosen our recruitment channels for this vacancy and therefore kindly request recruitment services (secondment / recruitment and selection) not to contact us.
Sulzer is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
83% of our employees recommend Sulzer as a good place to work and we are proud to be recognized as a Top Employer 2022 in Switzerland. So come and join our story, starting today!
Trefwoorden: Sulzer, Breda, Chemie, Chemievacatures, Project Manager